Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. List down anything book related you want as your Top Ten.
This week’s topic is all about MUSIC & BOOKS. Oh, I love this! This can be anything as long as it involves music and books. So for my entry, I’m doing…
SONGS THAT REMIND ME OF BOOKS & BOOK CHARACTERS
1. When We Were Young by Adele : Love, Rosie/Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern – Everything about this song is everything that happened between Rosie and Alex and I just want to cry again.
It’s hard to admit that
Everything just takes me back
To when you were there
To when you were there
And a part of me keeps holding on
Just in case it hasn’t gone
I guess I still care
Do you still care?
2. Fill A Heart by Tori Kelly : Anna & Étienne (Anna and The French Kiss) – This song is just so sweet and it reminds me so much of the AATFK love birds.
3. Out of The Woods by Taylor Swift : Earth’s End by Elise Kova – If you have read Earth’s End, you’ll understand me. This was posted by a fellow Tower Guard on Facebook, and I had to agree with her, because I really DID think of this when I was reading Earth’s End, and it just goes sooo well. Not only just the setting… but something more. *grins*
4. Fire Starter by Demi Lovato : Divergent by Veronica Roth
I’m a bad ass, jumping off the moving train
I’m a Jane Bond, putting all the guys to shame
I’m a wild card, and I’m gonna steal your game
You better watch out
5. When The Darkness Come by Colbie Caillat : Tristan de Montigny (Hidden Huntress) – If you have read Stolen Songbird and Hidden Huntress, I think you’ll understand why this song reminds me of Prince Tristan, particularly in Hidden Huntress. This is City of Bones movie OST, I know, BUT… the feels is so on point!
6. Wings by Birdy : Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa – I don’t know exactly why. It feels so magical for some reasons, and it reminds me of Nevernever.
I’m in a foreign state
My thoughts they slip away
My words are leaving me
They caught an aeroplane
Because I thought of you
Just from the thought of you
7. Let It All Go byRHODES ft. Birdy: The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay – This is soooo beautiful, and it reminds me of the equally beautiful novel of Katja Millay.
8. Step Away by Corey Gray : Prince Aldrik and Vhalla (Air Awakens) – BECAUSE!!!
8. Sad Song by We The Kings ft. Elena Coats : Tristan and Cécile (Stolen Songbird) – Another song dedicated for Danielle L. Jensen’s book, because why not. This reminds me specially of their Bond.
10. When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus : Aria and Levi (Art & Soul) – I know that this song might remind you more of The Last Song, but THIS IS SO ARIA AND LEVI OF ART & SOUL. (I’m crying OTL)
Listen to these songs if you haven’t, because they’re all beautiful! TRUST ME! Hope you like the songs, because I LOVE THEM! *gets lost in the music*
Erika is a freelance content writer and illustrator from the Philippines. Aside from her love of arts and reading, she loves taking photos, coffee, cats, and fairies. She’s into fantasy, historical fiction, and contemporary, and anything young adult genres.